Friday, September 5, 2008

Visiting already!

I actually got to visit patients yesterday and today! Today's visits were mostly follow-ups, but yesterday there were major crises and I engaged them sooooooo well. (Not to brag, of course--I am demure after all ;) The main visit was with a baby and a mommy, in a slightly different condition than what I worked with in Atlanta, but it was definitely a call that utilized my strengths. I find that she travels with me sometimes. She visits me, still.

A lot of folks have asked me whether or not my partner, Rachel, moved to NYC with me. The answer is that she has stayed behind in Atlanta because she needs to stay at her current job a little while longer. For those of you who don't know, Rachel is the volunteer coordinator for an organization in Decatur which attempts to meet the needs of people in Decatur experiencing homelessness (or close to it). She will move to New York when she is able, time TBA. So, no fears! Our engagement is still go! We'll make decisions about the date and place for our wedding once we're a bit more settled in New York. The great part about this move is that New York state will recognize our legal marriage from another state--this is huge!

And tonight Rachel is visiting me! She flies into LaGuardia around 10pm. She's co-officiating a wedding in Conneticut this weekend, so we've reserved a zipcar and we're going to drive to the "country" tomorrow. Isn't that funny? It's so strange to me to call it "country" when it isn't cornfields, muddy trucks, rednecks and shotguns. I'm really looking forward to her visit and to our trip. When I return to New York on Sunday evening, the movers should have done their job and moved my and my roommate's belongings to a less feces laden apartment. Let's hope that happens!

2 comments:

Amy Stokes said...

yay, Yay, and YAY!!!! Great news all around! Hope you're having a fantastic weekend!!

Betty Stokes said...

Sue, Mike & I had lunch today. They are following your blog. They want you to know how much they love you and how proud they are of you. Me too! Mom