Sunday, September 28, 2008

Better

Finally, after three weeks with no way to cook food, I have a kitchen. It's about the size of a normal kitchen in Muchkinland, Oz--which pretty much fits me. We don't have any counter top space for food prep, but I can deal with this. I'm so very grateful for the beautiful blue flame that appears when I turn the knob!

You might be able to see in the picture that we, once again, have the back of the sofa right up to the sink and stove. Either the sofa goes in the center of the room or my roommate's bike, and believe it or not the sofa is more convenient there. We would get a wall hang for the bike if we planned on being there very long, but I'm only in this apartment for one more month. My lease is good there until the end of November, but, drum role please.... Rachel is moving up to NYC!!! She resigned her job in Atlanta and will head this way some time around the beginning of November. Hooray!!!!! So, we're looking for a place in Brooklyn with a pre-installed kitchen! A friend of ours is going to move in with us, which will help all of us afford rent. I'm super duper excited!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Some of the nicer things in life are a series of small pleasures. Congrats on the kitchen and Rachel joining soon. I know you must miss each other.